Best Friends

Best Friends

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Dear Best Friend; trying not to overreact with concern

Um lots of the things on your list are good.
Being temple worthy and like Christ especially. But Kristal, that sounds like hell. You're pretending to be something you're not. It's impossible to be contradictions of yourself. I find it hard to believe there's a reality in which a fifties consumerist doll can exist with an intelligent woman. I encourage you to strive to be talented and to develop your mind and abilities. That's a groovy idea! But it sounds like you're almost willing to allow someone else control of your life. The only will you should be submitting to is that of your Father in Heaven. He's really the only one that matters; and if you do what He asks first He'll give you everything else that you want. Being brunette has nothing to do with anything and you look better as a blonde. Perfect nails and no make up? You may as well wear sweats with sparkly stillettos. You love sparkly things; you love your ostentatious, unique, and beautiful style. I don't want to lose you to an idea. It's good to think about what you want; so could you tell me what it is you want exactly? I see your plan of how to get what you want, but I'm lost as to what you're actually trying to get out of it. Be careful. You're a strong and beautiful woman. Nobody is perfect and we all have improvements to be made; turning into a Barbie is not one of them. From the honest parts of my heart, your last blog sounds like an ambition for Stepford. (And no, this has nothing to do with your obsession with Matthew Broderick.)
I want you to be happy. I'm glad you're thinking about what will make you happy. But you of all people should remember your theatre roots. What about "You Can't Take It With You"? Were you happy being stuffy Mrs. Kirby? Things of this world like nails don't make us happy. Learning more about ourselves and the people around us is what makes us happy. You deserve somebody who loves you. Just you. Not your idea of who you wanna be, just you. You are incredible; you'll continue to become more amazing as time passes and you improve and replace bad habits with good ones and learn new things and go through new experiences which change your mind about things. Don't make yourself for a man; make yourself for you. Be happy with you! If you're not happy, by all means change something. But damn it don't just be somebody's idea. You're more than idea. You're a daughter of God. You have immeasurable power for good and equal opportunity for evil. Choose good; I know you will, but I'm just reminding you. You are who matters to Him and to me.
You are my perfect best friend.
Have you been reading your scriptures?
I've decided there is no way on earth I am not getting A's this semester. I am going to work my butt off. I am smart enough; I am going to take better care of myself so I can show that on my tests.
Which reminds me, go buy a pomegranite they're in season and they have lots of antioxidants :]

I am moving in with Troy's ex girlfriend Suzy. Hahahahaha hopefully she doesn't remember me! This will be my new place . I will have my own bathroom and share an apartment with two other girls. It is cute :) I am excited.
Know what else I'm excited for? HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!!
Are you coming down for Frightmares?
Check out my second costume:
I need a bright yellow or blue or red wig, [and a high def camera] but essentially the idea is 70's style comic book damsel. What do you think?
I also have a really awesome masquerade make up trick that I am dying to try out! I made new fake skin and I'm ready to zombie it up! :D Are you going to be down for Halloween stuff at all? Your birthday is coming up!
What do you want for a present? Let me know :)

This is the view from my new cabin: are you down to come play?
That is Bear Lake :) I have a lake!


Xoxoxoxoxox looooooooove you!

No comments:

Post a Comment