Best Friends

Best Friends

Friday, October 21, 2011

Broadway Barbie:

         It scares me when you talk about having children :) You're barely turning twenty. Yes, yes keep thinking too the future. Just don't forget to be twenty with me for a while :P
Glad Eli is being nice and things are going well :) Emilywhat'sherbucket is out of le picture?

Tell me what else is going on. What are you doing now that Drowsy Chaperone is over? How are your classes?

Today is my Fall break; I'm spending pretty much all day at work. And I stayed up waaay too late last night.

Just kidding, not way too late. I had planned on going dancing and staying out later. But because I didn't get my wonderful sleep that comes from exhaustion after three hours of dancing, I feel really sleepy. I was at Jared's til about twelve. We made things blow up :)

We made NI3 by mixing ridiculously concentrated ammonia with iodine crystals and then filtering out the excess liquids. When it dries you get nitrogen triiodide. This explodes if the wind blows too hard and a loud pop with a characteristic purple iodine cloud. You remember how iodine sublimes purple at room temperature, yes? Needless to say, Jared has a cabinet of chemicals in his closet and I am sooo jealous! I think I'm going to apply for the stockroom job here at school so that in about a month Jared and I can clean out the cave [aka: big dark room full of old nasty chemicals and lots of unwanted but wonderful equipment and such] and I can take home whatever Dr. Seager will let me have and play chemistry on my own time!!! I'm so jealous; Jared is so ridiculously smart. He's being doing the kind of Chemistry I've been reading about for years, but actually buying the chemicals and doing it.
View 102011170...jpg in slide show

This is Jared drooling over a newer model of a gun him and his Dad have been shooting for years. Can you imagine what it would have been like to have a father? On the upside, my Dad's around now and Jared's Dad lives in Washington and never sees him.

I am now playing a game of catch up in a world where Daddy left, Tricia never got ballet lessons, or expensive chemicals as a child. Can I you imagine how smart or talented I would have been if my parents weren't so dumb? ;) Hahaha don't tell my Mom I said that; she's fabulous in every way. I just wish I was smarter.

Nonetheless, I will continue studying and praying and hopefully someday I'll get where I'm going. Wherever that is.

The Things I love about October:
  • Pumpkin ice cream from Farr's, Macey's, or anywhere else that has it.
  • New pumpkin flavored Jamba juice which has just the right amount of weird to convince you you're being healthy. [But seriously, really good. This is a recipe that could easily be accomplished with almond milk, nut meg and pumpkin]
  • Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.
  • Haunted houses everywhere: I am trying to get to Haunted Forest this year!
  • An excuse to throw on a dress and a tiara and play like the seven year old I really am.
  • Pumpkin carving
  • The opportunity to help everyone with costumes
  • Classic scary movies
  • Your birthday (28th)   
  • Tasha's birthday
  • Heather's birthday (28th)
  • Grandma's birthday (28th)
  • and I'm sure there's more but I'm tired to typing in bullets.
View 101711203...jpg in slide show This is the pig, that turned into the pig from Angry Birds. Now I need to make a bird pumpkin haha :P
 
I am missing you lots this weekend and hope you will have a fabulous time doing whatever fun you and Eli can find! I will send you pictures of my suuuuper sick make up technique that I'm trying for witches' night out tonight.

Happy haunting and much love! xoxoxox
Geek Girl


No comments:

Post a Comment